27 June 2009

Everything is on sale






France is a country of protocol. You do things in one way, because it is the right way, and/or because it is the only way allowed.

Stores are only allowed to have sales at strictly regulated times (two fixed intervals and one floating slot), and the summer sales began last Wednesday.

Having extra time on my hands (ie, vacation this week), it was a good time to go shopping. My normal wardrobe these days is somewhere between frumpy and just sad, so anything I get here has to be more chic.

And the soldes did not disappoint- I got two very cute outfits and shoes to match. I'm not sure if my new French clothes are going to be willing to share closet space with my old stuff, but I'll see if we can negotiate diplomatic relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment